I hope you’re having a great weekend. This chocolate cake mug recipe is perfect for lazy days when you fancy something sweet. This chocolaty treat will take you no more than 5 minutes to make! Like a lot of things I make, this recipe tends to be something I throw together from whatever I have in the cupboard at the time so it’s not always exactly the same and so in the ingredients list I’ve added in some substitutions so hopefully you can find something you have to hand!
- 2 tablespoons of plain flour
- 2 tablespoons of coconut nectar (any sweet syrup will do e.g maple or agave)
- 2 heaped tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 2 table spoons of nut milk (cashew or hazelnut are great but any will be fine)
- 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil (vegetable oil will work too)
- 2 squares of dark chocolate (or whatever you fancy melting in the middle – hazelnut spread, peanut butter or jam would also be delicious!)
Mix together all of the dry ingredients and then add the syrup, milk and coconut oil. Mix well until there the mixture is smooth and there isn’t any lumps. Put half the mixture into your mug or ramekin (make sure it’s microwave safe) then add the chocolate squares (or whatever filling you’re using) to the centre before topping with the rest of the mix. I’ve added a few rasberrys on top of mine aswell. Microwave for 80-90 seconds and enjoy!